Darby & Liffen is a proud member of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme providing the highest standard of service to all our customers ensuring that your interests are safe guarded. We are not currently a member of a Client Money Protection Scheme.
Darby & Liffen offers an excellent range of properties suitable for those looking to rent superior quality accommodation in and around the Gorleston, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft district:
- Belton, Bradwell, Burgh Castle
- Hopton, Lound
- Blundeston, Corton
- Filby, Fleggburgh, Hemsby
- Martham, Ormesby, Rollesby
- Scratby, Somerton, Winterton
Our VAT inclusive Landlord fees when using our Property Management Service:
- Residential Property Set Up Fee (charged on each new tenancy) – £150.00
- Residential Property Management Fee (charged monthly) – 12% of the total rent
- Commercial Property Set Up Fee (charged on each new tenancy) – £780.00
- Commercial Property Management Fee (charged monthly) – 10% of the total rent
All fees are fully detailed and explained within our Contractual Agreements.
Our VAT inclusive Tenancy fees when applying for any of our rental properties:
- Application Fee (per applicant over 18 years of age) – £95.00
- Guarantor Fee (if required) – £60.00
- Deposit – Equivalent to one month’s rent
- Pet Deposit – Subject to circumstances
- Contract Signing Fee – £60.00
- First months rent due on contract signing date – Dependant on property
- New Contracts (should you rearrange your signing date) – £60.00
Should you choose to withdraw your application for whatever reason any time prior to signing the tenancy agreement, the deposit is non-refundable.
Landlords; our highly experienced Staff, provide an in-depth knowledge of the industry and will offer advice and guidance every step of the way to make the process as straightforward as possible. Whether this is a new venture or you are an experienced landlord we play a major part in the process by:
- Securing a new tenant
- Credit checks and Referencing
- Organising an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) & Landlords Gas Safety Certificates
- Organising Electrical certificates (if required)
- Setting up tenancy agreements
- Contacting utility companies & providing meter readings
- Preparing a schedule of conditions of the property
If you are looking for an agent to manage your rental property then we would deal directly with the tenants on your behalf and deal with any maintenance issues that may arise keeping you informed along the way.
Tenants; we are on hand to offer you all the advice you need from finding a property to the time you move in right through to when you vacate. Throughout the tenancy we are happy to offer helpful advice and information to make your time in one of our rental properties as pleasant as possible.
All deposits are secured in a deposit protection scheme inline with the property ombudsman terms. see their website for more details: